Click here to download File Path On Footer extension from Visual Studio Gallery.
This lightweight extension lets you display the full path of the file at bottom of Visual Studio’s Editor. Click Ctrl+Clcik to Open Containing Folder, Right click to Copy Full Path.
This will be very helpful if you are working on files which is having similiar and or same name. Visual Studio IDE already shows the file path when you hover the mouse over the document tab but I like to see the file name always on bottom of editor. So we know where we are.
Using this plugin you can,
- File name always on bottom of editor.
- Open Containing Folder using Ctrl+Click.
- Copy Full Path using Right Click.
- Copy Partial Path using text selection.
- Use Alt + Click to force Theme updation.
- Standard Visual Studio themes are supported.
- Environment Font settings are also supported.
- HighContrast/Themes Supported
Visual Studio themes are supported,
Dark With Light Editor
Light With Dark Editor
Note: Rarely theme change will be reflected only after restarting visual studio.
Don’t have aditional themes for Visual Studio, then get it from Visual Studio Gallery
Supports Environment Font settings
Tools->Options->Environment->Fonts and Colors->Environment Font
Sample screenshot with custom Environment Font setting
Intrested to see how to create an extension like this then read “Getting Started with Visual Studio Editor Margin Extension” from CodeProject.com.
Please share your suggestions and feedback.