Integrated Color Picker for Visual Studio IDE.
Click here to download Color Picker extension for Visual Studio from Visual Studio Gallery.
Note: please show your support by giving a quick review in vsgallery . It only takes a few seconds.
This tool will very useful if you are working as a Web Developer or UI designer, who mainly uses Visual Studio for the day to day assignments.
This tool offers the below options,
- Highlight colors in Visual Studio Document Editor (.css”, “.scss”, “.less”, “.asp”, “.aspx”, “.htm”, “.html”, “.cshtml”, “.vbhtml”, “.xaml” are enabled by default), Customize using Tools-Options-ColorPicker.
- Edit color using double click from any enabled file (editor).
- Insert colors to any active text document
- Color Selection from Color Canvas.
- Color Selection from Available Colors.
- Color Selection from Standard Colors.
- Color Selection from Saved Colors.
- Color Selection using Eyedropper.
- Copy\Paste Color codes (Name, #HEX, rgb, rgba, hsl, hsla, hsb\hsv, cmyk). rgb and rgba are offered in different formats.
- Selected color’s Tints & Shades.
- Color code comparison of Orginal and New.
Currently this tool works with below Visual Studio versions (Visual Studio Theme supported),,
- Visual Studio 2012.
- Visual Studio 2013.
- Visual Studio 2015.
- Visual Studio 2017.
Color Picker can be accessed via Tools->Color Picker (will open a Dockable Window).
I have uploaded the initial source code in CodeProject. Please share your suggestions and feedback.